|Chairman||Jerome Jooste||072 985 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice-Chairman||Berry Nijeboer||084 654 email@example.com|
|Treasurer||Norman Leibowitz||073 310 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Monica Loubser||084 405 email@example.com|
|Membership Secretary||Berry Nijeboer||084 654 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Viewing Officer||Jerome Jooste||072 985 email@example.com|
|Curator of Instruments||Neil Viljoen||083 320 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Librarian||Monica Loubser||084 405 email@example.com|
|Canopus Editor||Jess van Elferen||083 320 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Webmaster||Neil Viljoen||083 320 email@example.com|
|Member||Melvyn Hannibal||011 435 firstname.lastname@example.org|
- To subscribe, go to http://mail.saasta.ac.za/mailman/listinfo/astronet
Due to the prevalence of spam, our mail lists are all moderated. Postings from new subscribers are (if found suitable) generally forwarded via the list within a week or so. However, backlogs may on occasion build up for a variety of reasons – please be patient!
Map and Directions to Jhb Observatory
- 18a Gill Street,
- -26.18342, 28.074875
Link to Google® Maps:
Click on this Google Maps link to open the location in Google Maps®. Note that the entrance location is incorrectly shown as 11 Gill Street on Google Maps.
Directions (recommended route from the North, South, or West):
- From Louis Botha Avenue turn either left (coming from the North) or right into Acorn Lane at traffic lights.
- Turn second left into St Peter Road.
- Turn first right into Bezuidenhout Street.
- Turn first left into Eckstein Street.
- Turn right at Innes Road (opposite Sacred Heart College gates). Go through boom to T junction.
- Turn right into Gill Street.
- Turn immediately left into gates at No. 18a.
Directions (recommended route from the East):
- Take the R24 West into Johannesburg.
- Turn right into Marcia Street towards Bruma Lake.
- Follow Marcia around the lake, Marcia becomes Observatory Road.
- At the split in Observatory Road keep straight.
- At the T-junction in the road, turn left and immediately right again to keep on Observatory Road.
- Turn left into Innes street at the traffic light.